Photobucket

Friday, February 26, 2010

What Do You Think?

What is my plan for the big 85th this year.. I don't know!    My family was not the type to bring attention to themselves.  Advertising was unheard of ...an act of desparation so they said, back in the day. Fortunately, the store is located at the intersection of 2 main state routes...lots of  commuter traffic...but ask anybody and they  will know exactly where  the store is ..."been there forever"... possiblities are endless!
I am a procrastinating, spur of the moment...let's do this.. then think about it for awhile, kind of person.  I have been wanting to paint the store for about a year. I had totally redone the store in 1995, before that nothing had been changed since 1945.   Tim is color blind and he isn't seeing my vision.  This is what I am thinking:
The walls would stay the same, although, I wouldn't mind a change.  The green on the present shelves would be white with distrssed sanding and stain.
This shelving is on the entire wall 25 feet floor to ceiling.
 Am  I crazy or a genius?  I am tough... be honest!

3 comments:

  1. Ok, honestly those colors are surprising to me but you are so creative that I'm willing to bet that the artist in you is right! I think my tastes are bland! I also have never undertook such a huge task and I am certain that you know what is best. Now, looking at Soleil next to the post, those are the same colors...and look at how effective they are. Was that a coincidence?? LOL They are eye-catching and appealing! I don't think you need anyone else's opinions, I KNOW you have one of the most creative minds of anyone I know. :) I can't wait to see what you do! :)
    PS, thanks for the post, it was lovely! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Nancy! I didn't even think of Soleil! My floor are black and white tile. The magic of Soleil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol that is amazing. I just looked at him again and even the order of the colors is the same! I think it was meant to be! :)

    ReplyDelete