Photobucket

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Su

Su April 1992- Dec.4,2010

Tim and I had to make the painful decision 2 hours ago to let our Suie  cross the " rainbow bridge."  She had been  ill the last 3 weeks and just couldn't get over the hump.  Tim gave her subcutaneous water IV's and Thyroid meds.  Su was eating again.....  I thought we were making progress. She was helping me paint some Santa ornaments yesterday afternoon.  I held her tightly last night something she would never, ever let me  do ......I am glad she finally  allowed me to hug her.  I had no idea that we would find her in the basement...still with us but ....she was just too weak.
Su was humanely put to rest with her head in my hand and Tim by our side.
It was a good run Su.

3 comments:

  1. Carol....I am so so sorry, as the tears roll down my cheeks - she looks like my Barney. I was praying that she would recover. It is so hard to let go..in the last 10 years we have lost 5 pets and have a cemetery in the yard. It is so hard to let go...and it doesn't get easier (helping them cross the rainbow bridge) if it is the first one or the 5th, they are all so special and each have their own little space in our hearts and as the saying goes...they leave little paw prints on our heart
    I will be thinking of you,
    Take care
    Maxie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carol, my heart is aching for you. I know just how you feel. Every one of our special fur babies fill a little spot in our hearts that will always be with us. Su was blessed to have you and Tim to love her too. Take care, my friend. You are in my thoughts. ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ladies! It will be two weeks since she left us. And only tonight I have had the time to think about the morning we found her and all that transpired. I cry.

    ReplyDelete